Molecular Cell Biology »
|Molecular Cell Biology
- A. Ahmed, K. Dolasia and S. Mukhopadhyay (2018). Mycobacterium tuberculosis PPE18 Protein Reduces Inflammation and Increases Survival in Animal Model of Sepsis. Journal of Immunology. April 18, 2018, doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1602065.
- K. Dolasia, M. K. Bisht, G. Pradhan, A. Udgata & S. Mukhopadhyay (2017). TLRs/NLRs: Shaping the landscape of host immunity. International Reviews of Immunology. doi:10.1080/08830185.2017. 1397656.
- P.R. Abraham, N. Pathak, G. Pradhan , G. Sumanlatha and S. Mukhopadhyay (2017). The N-terminal domain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis PPE17 (Rv1168c) protein plays a dominant role in inducing antibody responses in active TB patients. PLoS One 26: e0179965.
- S. Mukhopadhyay and S. Ghosh (2017). Mycobacterium tuberculosis: what is the role of PPE2 during infection? Future Microbiology 12: 457-460. doi: 10.2217 (Invited Editorial Article).
- K.H. Bhat , S. Srivastava , S.K. Kotturu , S. Ghosh and S. Mukhopadhyay (2017). The PPE2 protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis translocates to host nucleus and inhibits nitric oxide production. Scientific Reports7:39706.
- R. N. Rao, R. Shrivastava, G. Pradhan, P. Singh and S. Mukhopadhyay (2017). Phagosome lysosome Fusion Hijack - An Art of Intracellular Pathogens. Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Science doi: 10.16943/ptinsa/2017/48971
- A. Udgata, R. Qureshi and S. Mukhopadhyay (2016). Transduction of functionally contrasting signals by two mycobacterial PPE proteins downstream of TLR2 receptors. Journal of Immunology 197(5):1776-1787.
- Parul Singh, Rameshwaram Nagender Rao, Jala Ram Chandra Reddy, RBN Prasad, Sandeep Kumar Kotturu, Sudip Ghosh & Sangita Mukhopadhyay (2016). PE11, a PE/PPE family proteinof Mycobacterium tuberculosis is involved in cell wall remodeling and virulence. Scientific Reports, 6:21624. doi: 10.1038/srep21624.
- P. R. Abraham, A. Udgata, G. S. Latha, and S. Mukhopadhyay (2016). The Mycobacterium tuberculosis PPE protein Rv1168c induces stronger B cell response than Rv0256c in active TB patients. Infection Genetics and Evolution, 40:339-345
- A. Ahmed, A. Das and S. Mukhopadhyay (2015). Immunoregulatory functions and expression patterns of PE/PPE family members: Roles in pathogenicity and impact on anti-tuberculosis vaccine and drug design. IUBMB Life 67:414-427.
- K. Hussain Bhat and S. Mukhopadhyay (2015). Macrophage takeover and the host-bacilli interplay during tuberculosis. Future Microbiol. 10: 853-872.
- G. Sreejit, A. Ahmed, N. Parveen, V. Jha, V. L.Valluri, S. Ghosh and S. Mukhopadhyay (2014). The ESAT-6 protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis interacts with beta-2-microglobulin (.2M) affecting antigen presentation function of macrophage. PLoS Pathogens 10:e1004446.
- P. R. Abraham, G. S. Latha, V. L. Valluri and S. Mukhopadhyay (2014). Mycobacterium tuberculosis PPE protein Rv0256c induces strong B cell response in tuberculosis patients. Infection Genetics and Evolution 22:244-249.
- K. H. Bhat, A. Das, A. Srikantam and S. Mukhopadhyay (2013) PPE2 protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis inhibits production of nitric oxide in activated macrophages. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1283:97-101.
- N. Parveen, R. Varman, S. Nair, G. Das, S Ghosh and S. Mukhopadhyay (2013). Endocytosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis heat shock protein 60 is required to induce interleukin-10 production in macrophages. Journal of Biological Chemistry 288:24956-24971.
- K. H. Bhat, A. Ahmed, S. Kumar, P. Sharma and S. Mukhopadhyay (2012). Role of PPE18 protein in intracellular survival and pathogenicity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in mice. PLoS ONE 7:e52601.
- Y. Akhter, M. T. Ehebauer, S. Mukhopadhyay , and S. E. Hasnain (2012). The PE/PPE multigene family codes for virulence factors and is a possible source of mycobacterial antigenic variation: perhaps more? Biochimie 94:110-116.
- K. H. Bhat, C. K. Chaytanya, N. Parveen, R. Varman, S. Ghosh and S. Mukhopadhyay (2012). The PPE protein Rv1168c of Mycobacterium tuberculosis augments transcription from HIV-1 LTR promoter. Journal of Biological Chemistry 287:16930-16946.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, S. Nair and S. Ghosh (2011). Pathogenesis in tuberculosis: transcriptomic approaches to unraveling virulence mechanisms and finding new drug targets. FEMS Microbiology Reviews 36:463-485.
- S. Mukhopadhyay and K. N. Balaji (2011). The PE and PPE proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tuberculosis 91:441-447.
- A. Das and S. Mukhopadhyay (2011). The evil axis of obesity, inflammation and type-2 diabetes. Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders - Drug Targets 11:23-31.
- S. Nair, A. D. Pandey and S. Mukhopadhyay (2011). The PPE18 protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis inhibits NF-kB/rel-mediated proinflammatory cytokine production by upregulating and phosphorylating SOCS3 protein. Journal of Immunology 186:5413-5424.
- K. Alam, S. Ghousunnissa, S. Nair, V. L. Valluri, and S. Mukhopadhyay (2010). Glutathione-redox balance regulates c-rel-driven IL-12 production in macrophages: possible implications in antituberculosis immunotherapy. Journal of Immunology 184:2918-2929.
- S. Nair, P. A. Ramaswamy, S. Ghosh, D. C. Joshi, N. Pathak, I. Siddiqui, P. Sharma, S. E. Hasnain, S. C. Mande, and S. Mukhopadhyay (2009). The PPE18 of Mycobacterium tuberculosis interacts with TLR2 and activates IL-10 induction in macrophage. Journal of Immunology 183:6269-6281.
- N. Bashir, F. Kounsar, S. Mukhopadhyay, and S. E. Hasnain (2010). Mycobacterium tuberculosis conserved hypothetical protein rRv2626c modulates macrophage effector functions. Immunology 130:34-45.
- M. A. Hussain, S. A. Naveed, L. A. Sechi, S. Ranjan, A. Alvi, I. Ahmed, A. Ranjan, S. Mukhopadhyay, and N. Ahmed (2008). Isocitrate dehydrogenase of Helicobacter pylori potentially induces humoral immune response in subjects with peptic ulcer disease and gastritis. PLoS ONE 3:e1481.
- S. Tundup, N. Pathak, M. Ramanadham, S. Mukhopadhyay, K. J. Murthy, N. Z. Ehtesham, and S. E. Hasnain (2008). The co-operonic PE25/PPE41 protein complex of Mycobacterium tuberculosis elicits increased humoral and cell mediated immune response. PLoS ONE 3:e3586.
- N. Khan, K. Alam, S. Nair, V. L. Valluri, K.J. R. Murthy and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2008). Strong immune responses to the PPE protein Rv1168c are associated with active tuberculosis disease. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 15:974-980.
- N. Khan, K. Alam, S. C. Mande, V. L. Valluri, S. E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay (2008). Mycobacterium tuberculosis heat shock protein 60 modulates immune response to PPD by manipulating the surface expression of TLR2 on macrophages. Cellular Microbiology 10:1711-1722.
- N. Khan, S. Ghousunnissa, S. M. Jegadeeswaran, D. Thiagarajan, S. E. Hasnain, and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2007). Anti-B7-1/B7-2 antibody elicits innate-effector responses in macrophages through NF-kB-dependent pathway. International Immunology 19:477-486.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, S. Nair, and S. E. Hasnain (2007) Nitric oxide: Friendly rivalry in tuberculosis. Current Signal Transduction Therapy 2:121-128.
- C. S. Boddupalli, S. Ghosh, S. S. Rahim, S. Nair, N. Z. Ehtesham, S. E.. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay (2007). Nitric oxide inhibits interleukin-12 p40 through p38 MAPK-mediated regulation of calmodulin and c-rel. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 42:686-697.
- N. Khan, S. S. Rahim, C. S. Boddupalli, S. Ghousunnissa, S. Padma, N. Pathak, D. Thiagarajan, S. E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2006). Hydrogen peroxide inhibits IL-12 p40 induction in macrophages by inhibiting c-rel translocation to the nucleus through activation of calmodulin protein. Blood 107:1513-1520.
- S. S. Rahim, N. Khan, C. S. Boddupalli, S. E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay (2004). IL-10 mediated suppression of IL-12 production in RAW 264.7 cells also involves c-rel transcription factor. Immunology 114:313-321.
- N. Silswal, A. K. Singh, B. Aruna, S. Mukhupadhyay, S. Ghosh, and Z. Ehtesham (2005). Human resistin stimulates the pro-inammatory cytokines TNF-a and IL-12 in macrophages by NF-.B-dependent pathway. Biochemical and Biophysical Research 334:1092-1101.
- S. Ghosh, S. Rasheedi, S. S. Rahim, S. Banerjee, R. K. Choudhary, P. Chakhaiyar, N. Z. Ehtesham, S. Mukhopadhyay and S. E. Hasnain (2004). Method for enhancing solubility of the expressed recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli. Biotechniques 37:418-423.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, V. M. L. Srivastava, P. K. Murthy and S. E. Hasnain (2004). Poorer NF-kB signaling by microfilariae in macrophages from BALB/c mice affects their ability to produce cytotoxic levels of nitric oxide to kill microfilariae. FEBS Letters 567:275-280.
- R. K. Choudhary, S. Mukhopadhyay, P. Chakhaiyar, N. Sharma, K. J. R. Murthy, V. M. Katoch and S. E. Hasnain (2003). PPE antigen Rv2430c of Mycobacterium tuberculosis induces a strong B cell response. Infection Immunity 71:6338-6343.
- M. D. Bashyam and S. Mukhopadhyay (2003). Status of Tuberculosis in India-2003 (R. Nayak, M. S. Shaila and G. R. Rao eds.) and Trends in Malaria and Vaccine Research: The current Indian Scenario (D. Raghunath and R.Nayak eds.). Book Review, Infection, Genetics and Evolution 3:75-77.
- Ghosh, S., Singh, A. K., Aruna, B., S. Mukhopadhyay, and Ehtesham, N. Z. (2003). The genomic organization of mouse resistin reveals major difference from the human resistin. Gene 305:27-34.
- S. Bhatia, S. Mukhopadhyay, E. Jarman, G.Hall, A. George, S. Rath, J. R. Lamb, and V. Bal, (2002). Scavenger receptor-specific allergen delivery elicits IFN-g-dominated immunity and directs established Th2-dominated responses to a non-allergic phenotype. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 109:321-328.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, M. Mohanty, A. Mangla, A. George, V. Bal, S. Rath, and B. Ravindran (2002). Macrophage effector functions controlled by Bruton's tyrosine kinase are more crucial for microfilarial clearance than the cytokine balance of T cell responses. Journal of Immunology 168: 2914-2921.
- B. Ravindran, P. K. Sahoo, M. Mohanty, S. Mukhopadhyay and A. P. Dash (1999). Increased susceptibility of mice with XID mutation to Brugia malayi infection. Medical Science Research, 27:135-137.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, P. K. Sahoo, A. George, V. Bal, S. Rath and B. Ravindran (1999) Delayed clearance of filarial infection and enhanced Th1 immunity due to modulation of macrophage APC functions in xid mice. Journal of Immunology 163:875-883.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, A. George, V. Bal, B. Ravindran and S. Rath (1999). Bruton's tyrosine kinase deficiency in macrophages inhibits nitric oxide generation leading to enhancement of interleukin-12 induction. Journal of Immunology 163:1786-1792.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, A. P. Dash & B. Ravindran (1996) Setaria digitata in Mastomys coucha: An animal model for chemotherapeutic and immunobiological studies. Parasitology 113:323-330.
- S. Mukhopadhyay & B. Ravindran (1997) Antibodies to diethylcarbamazine potentiate the anti-filarial Immunology activity of the drug. Parasite 19:191-195.
|List of Patents |
- S. Mukhopadhyay*, K. H. Bhat and N. Khan. A novel protein as potential candidate for development of anti-tuberculosis therapeutics.
US Patent Application Number: 12/551,115;
Invention ID: IN-000044-02-US-REG
Patent No: US-8603739B2
Date of grant: December 10, 2013
|Last updated on: Monday, 21th May, 2018.